Last updated 10/24/2023
Let’s make something meaningful…
We are founded upon the idea that the best design always arises from collaboration. Together, our team brings unique perspectives from different backgrounds – combining experience in research, design, strategy, and innovation for companies large and small. We hold ongoing Social Equity meetings, share presentations, learn together, and participate actively in Social Equity workstreams.
We are always interested to meet talented people to join the team. Drop us a line if you see a role that suits you below, otherwise reach out as we often have opportunities to collaborate as part of our extended network.
To apply, please provide:
- A portfolio, process samples, or website demonstrating relevant experience
- A cover letter that describes your goals for the position with us
- A current resume (CV)
Please note that these positions will be in-studio in Portland, Oregon.
Working at Evolve
At Evolve, we value finding your true work / life balance, and we don’t expect our team to be working late every night. We are a friendly, laid back group, we love to share food with each other, listen to each other’s favorite music in the studio (we have a no headphones policy 🙂 ), and sometimes escape to the coast for a cheeky beach day. We regularly set aside time to close our laptops, hang out with each other, share experiences, and say cheers to a job well done.
We believe that true innovation is a result of diverse perspectives and encourage creative professionals from all backgrounds to apply. Evolve is a committed equal opportunity employer. We hire without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
UX Design Intern
Industrial Design Intern
Communications Design Intern
Service Design Intern
Internship Timing and Application Windows
January – April
Accepting applications September 20th
Decision by October 12th
May – August
Accepting applications February 10th
Decision by March 3rd
September – December
Accepting applications June 21st
Decision by July 8th
How to Apply
We accept applicants who are currently enrolled in or are a recent graduate of an accredited University in an Industrial, Graphic, UX, or equivalent design program.
- A portfolio, process samples, or website demonstrating experience in design processes
- A cover letter that describes your goals for your internship with us
- A current resume (CV)
Candidates must provide work samples or case studies to be considered.
Please note that these internships will be in-studio in Portland, Oregon.
What to Expect
- Active participation in live design projects
- Exposure to a broad range of projects and clients
- 1:1 mentorship to develop professional and personal goals
- Hands on experience working with a highly collaborative team
- Uncovering insights and generating concepts to help us drive projects forward.
- Exposure to a range of design tools and processes: hands-on sketching, prototyping, and thinking through making
Internships at Evolve are mutually beneficial. We look forward to learning about your past experiences and providing opportunities for you to learn and grow.
We don’t believe anyone should work for free. Internships at Evolve are fully paid.